Submissions for the 2021 Monadnock Essay Collection Prize are now open!
1. Manuscripts must be typed, paginated, and roughly 120-160 pages in length OR 50,000-80,000 words (these are general guidelines, we most likely will not turn away a manuscript based on length. If you are uncertain if your manuscript will qualify, reach out and ask us.)
YOUR NAME SHOULD NOT APPEAR IN THE MANUSCRIPT ITSELF OR ON THE TITLE PAGE.
2. Translations and self-published books are not eligible. The manuscript must be the product of only one author.
3. Please do not include acknowledgments, biographical material, or dedication pages at this stage. A cover letter is not necessary.
4. No illustrations, photographs, or images should be included.
5. The manuscript should ONLY include the following: Title page without author’s name, table of contents or list of essays, and the essays.
6. Any person who has studied in a formal program with this year’s judge through a college, university, community program, residency, or private tutorial—within the last two years is not eligible to submit a manuscript to this contest.
7. All submissions should be formatted in Word Doc or PDF.
8. Manuscripts must be received by December 15, 2020. A winner will be announced approximately two months later depending on the number of submissions. After the winner and runners-up are notified, the results will be published and all contestants emailed.
NOTE: PLEASE EXCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM THE DOCUMENT IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS YEAR’S PRIZE. WE WILL BE ABLE TO SEE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION VIA SUBMITTABLE.
Bauhan Publishing reserves the right to cancel the contest for any reason. In that unlikely event, all entry fees will be returned to contestants.
GOOD LUCK and thank you for enabling us to continue providing these contests for the writing community!